The Forest Grove Camera Club is open to anyone interested in learning and sharing photography, and visitors are welcome to attend any meeting. We traditionally meet at The Valley Art Association, 2022 Main Street, Forest Grove, in the classroom in back of the gallery, and view image files via digital projection. However, due to the pandemic all meetings are currently virtual.
We meet from September through May on the following schedule:
- First Wednesday at 7:30 - Education Night. Topics are varied but most often focus on some aspect of image capture or post-processing.
- Second Wednesday at 7:30 PM – Competition Night. Members may submit up to 4 images to be judged, often by members of other area clubs.
- Third Wednesday at 7:30 – Critique Night. Up to 3 images may be submitted for friendly discussion of strengths and weaknesses as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Fourth Wednesday at 7:30 – Program Night. Programs are varied and may include presentations by club members, shows by photographers outside the club, hands-on workshops, or other topics. Program night is not held in November or December to avoid holiday conflicts.
- Field Trips are usually once a month, throughout the year, on a Saturday or Sunday, or occasionally a weekend trip.
Annual dues are $35 for full membership, which includes family members. Student & Junior dues are $5 for full membership. Associate memberships are $10 which includes all publications and meetings, but does not include competition or voting.
The Forest Grove Camera Club is a member of the Photographic Society of America (PSA) and the Columbia Council of Camera Clubs.
Contact Carol Berget, Email