Updated information about the 2020/2021 Monthly Electronic Imaging Division competition effective September 2020
Monthly Electronic Image Competitions fall into two Categories in the 4C’s; The Traditional Monthly Electronic Image Division (MEID-T) and the Altered Reality/Monochrome Monthly Electronic Image Division (MEID-ARM). The MEID holds monthly competitions and the entries are forwarded for judging by 4C’s Member Clubs. MEID Competitions are club competitions.
Number and Type of Files Allowed:
Clubs are allowed to enter a maximum of 6 images in the Traditional (MEID-T) Competition and a maximum of 4 images in the Altered Reality/Monochrome (MEID-ARM) Competition.
A Monthly-Traditional club entry consists of up to six (6) images and the submission email is your entry form. Each month clubs may enter up to six images from six different members of the club unless there are fewer than five individuals entering that month, in which case three images per individual is allowed.
A Monthly-Altered Reality/Monochrome club entry consists of up to four (4) images and the submission email is your entry form. Clubs can decide which category (A or M) they want to enter in any combination. Each month clubs may enter up to four images from four different members of the club unless there are fewer than five individuals entering that month, in which case three images per individual is allowed.
Note that individuals belonging to more than one 4Cs member club may enter images in any club in which they hold membership, but may not have more than three images in 4Cs monthly competition in one month, regardless of how many 4Cs clubs that individual belongs to.
The required file format is JPG.
Image File Size Requirements
- 2 Megabyte (2,000 KB) is the maximum file size allowed.
- 1050 pixels is the maximum vertical (top to bottom) dimension allowed.
- 1400 pixels is the maximum horizontal (left to right) dimension allowed.
Traditional MEID Chair is Irene Fields MEID_T@columbiacameraclubs.org
Altered Reality/Monochrome Chair is Lisa Nathan: MEID_ARM@columbiacameraclubs.org
The categories are described as follows:
- Traditional - This category includes images that A) are natural or appear to be natural, and B) are processed to have a realistic look.Composite images are acceptable as long as they meet these guidelines. The code for this category is T.
- Altered Reality - Depicts photographic subjects in a substantial departure from realism. This may be accomplished through control of content, the photographic process, or post processing. The code for this category is A.
- Monochrome - Monochrome images are defined to consist of only white and black, as well as all shades of gray in between. Toning is allowed, but must cover the entire image and be of a single color; e.g. sepia toning. Images with spot color, selective color or that are colored with two or more colors must be entered in the Traditional or Altered Reality Categories. The code for this category is M.
For detailed descriptions of Traditional and Altered Reality please refer to the current Gold Book, page 32, "Entry in Traditional vs Altered Reality" at www.columbiacameraclubs.org.
The following file requirements apply in addition to the “General Entry Requirements”
- The images must be in jpg (jpeg) format.
- The maximum horizontal dimension is 1400 pixels and the maximum vertical dimension is 1050 pixels.
- Image file size may not be larger than 2 Mb (2000 Kb).
- All image files must be clearly identified with the following file naming format:
- Traditional category file names:
- Altered Reality category file names:
FirstnameLastname_ClubInitials_Title_A (example: JohnDoe_BMPC_PrettyFlower_A)
- Monochrome category file names:
NO watermarks (identifying information such as name, title, or copyright symbol) may be added the image. Note that the 4C’s will add copyright/name watermarks to images before displaying them on the website.
You can access Competition Results by clicking the link below
EID Competition Results